The Age of Steam Roundhouse Museum will reopen for public tours on Thursday, June 18. Tickets must be purchased in advance and will go on sale beginning next week via the Museum’s website.
“We want all of our stakeholders and potential visitors to know that the Museum will do everything it can to meet, and even exceed, health and cleanliness guidelines to insure that our staff, volunteers and visitors are as safe as we can possibly make them,” stated Executive Director Noel Poirier.
The Age of Steam Roundhouse Museum has instituted changes in its ticketing and tour structure to accommodate the COVID-19 requirements of the Ohio Department of Health. The changes are:
· Tickets for all tour time slots must be purchased in advance. No walk-ins will be permitted.
· Tour size will be strictly limited to 8 people according to the current health order by the State of Ohio.
· Visitors should wait in their vehicles or the parking lot until 10 minutes before tour time.
· Visitors and staff must adhere to social distancing requirements as determined by the State of Ohio.
· Museum staff will wear masks at all times when interacting with visitors; Visitors are encouraged to wear face coverings.
· Public areas (gift shop, restrooms, etc.) will be cleaned and disinfected multiple times a day; a deep clean is performed once a week by an outside, professional cleaning service.
· After the tour visitors should not reenter the Depot building unless there is a need to use the restroom facilities, and that should be done one at a time.
We will be rescheduling our cancelled special tour programs for later this summer. The Museum is excited to once again be able to share with the general public the passion for steam railroading of our founders, Jerry and Laura Jacobson. Thank you for your continued support!